- Start: January 7, 2018 1:00 pm
- End: January 7, 2018 2:00 pm
- Start: January 14, 2018 1:00 pm
- End: January 14, 2018 2:00 pm
- Start: January 21, 2018 1:00 pm
- End: January 21, 2018 2:00 pm
- Start: January 28, 2018 1:00 pm
- End: January 28, 2018 2:00 pm
- Start: February 4, 2018 1:00 pm
- End: February 4, 2018 2:00 pm
- Start: February 11, 2018 1:00 pm
- End: February 11, 2018 2:00 pm
At Nuvitzo Dance we offer a very logically structured class curriculum. It focuses on technique, transitions, and understanding of the figures in order to create strong, confident & knowledgeable dancers.
We offer 4 Levels of Salsa with multiple classes at each level. To become a well-rounded dancer it is recommended that students complete all classes at each level before advancing to the next. Classes at a certain level can be taken in any order; for example, students may take Salsa 202 before taking 201, or vice versa. Ladies styling is also included at every level as we feel it is pertinent for ladies to begin to develop their styling to accompany each figure, rather than as an add-on afterward.
Salsa 200 Series -
Classes at the 200 level will focus on fundamental figures that are needed in order to progress in the dance and are still at a beginner level.
We offer two classes at the 200 level. Salsa 201 & 202 alternate, and are offered every other session. Students may take 201 or 202 in any order. It is recommended, however, that students complete both classes before advancing to the 300 series.
The purpose of this course is to develop a complete understanding of the Cross Body Lead and all of it's simplest variations. In Salsa, once a student has developed past the beginner level, a Cross Body Lead becomes the "Basic" of the dance.
Students will learn:
- All Cross Body Lead Variations and how to use them to transition between open hold and closed hold.