- Start: January 9, 2018 6:30 pm
- End: January 9, 2018 7:30 pm
- Start: January 16, 2018 6:30 pm
- End: January 16, 2018 7:30 pm
- Start: January 23, 2018 6:30 pm
- End: January 23, 2018 7:30 pm
- Start: January 30, 2018 6:30 pm
- End: January 30, 2018 7:30 pm
- Start: February 6, 2018 6:30 pm
- End: February 6, 2018 7:30 pm
The Bachata dance originated in the Dominican Republic in its association with Bachata music. It is very similar to the Cuban Bolero dance, and was popular during the 1960’s. Traditional Bachata or Dominican Bachata is musically upbeat and focuses on variations in the bass and guitar. Traditional or Domincan Bachata dancing therefore is also very musical and dancers can switch between dancing on the different instruments.
In the 1990's a new style of Bachata music emerged with less of a focus on the guitar and a more romantic and sensual undertone. With this came the emergence of an evolution of the Bachata dance known as Western or Modern Bachata. Modern Bachata is danced on the simple 4/4 timing and focuses on turn patterns and sensual body movement and isolations that are more in tune with the newer romantic form of the music.
Bachata 301, 302 & 303
We offer three classes at the 300 Level of Bachata.
One of 301, 302 & 303 will be offered each session and will rotate with every new session.
Bachata 301 includes:
- Patterns utilizing the wrap turns and outside basics
- Tango Steps