- Start: January 7, 2018 3:00 pm
- End: January 7, 2018 4:00 pm
- Start: January 14, 2018 3:00 pm
- End: January 14, 2018 4:00 pm
- Start: January 21, 2018 3:00 pm
- End: January 21, 2018 4:00 pm
- Start: January 28, 2018 3:00 pm
- End: January 28, 2018 4:00 pm
- Start: February 4, 2018 3:00 pm
- End: February 4, 2018 4:00 pm
- Start: February 11, 2018 3:00 pm
- End: February 11, 2018 4:00 pm
The Bachata dance originated in the Dominican Republic in its association with Bachata music. It is very similar to the Cuban Bolero dance, and was popular during the 1960’s. Traditional Bachata or Dominican Bachata is musically upbeat and focuses on variations in the bass and guitar. Traditional or Domincan Bachata dancing therefore is also very musical and dancers can switch between dancing on the different instruments.
In the 1990's a new style of Bachata music emerged with less of a focus on the guitar and a more romantic and sensual undertone. With this came the emergence of an evolution of the Bachata dance known as Western or Modern Bachata. Modern Bachata is danced on the simple 4/4 timing and focuses on turn patterns and sensual body movement and isolations that are more in tune with the newer romantic form of the music.
No Dance Experience or Partner Required!
Intro to Bachata is a fun introductory course that will provide basic framework for this dance. Students will learn the fundamental footwork, turns and body movements to dance comfortably at any event or club. Focus will be on leading and following techniques and basic turn patterns.
Students will learn:
- Inside & Outside Turns for both Lead & Follow
- Sweethearts & Variations
- Box Steps
- Vertical Switches
- Around the world
- Combo 1